Sesame Beef StirFry
Updated: Sep 24
Tender slices of beef and colourful vegetables sautéed in a yummy homemade sesame sauce! Served over basmati rice & topped with finely sliced green onion!
This was so easy to make and is perfect for batch cooking meal prep!
* 1 pound of flank steak, sliced into strips
* 2 tbs corn starch or arrowroot powder
* 2 tbs avocado oil
* 1 onion, chopped
* 5 cloves of garlic minced
* 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
* 1/2 cup sliced carrots
* 3 cups of broccoli florets
* 1/2 cup of the broccoli stems sliced
* Pinch of ground red chili powder or chili flakes for heat
* 2 tbs rice vinegar
* 2 tbs soy sauce
* 2 tbs sesame oil
* 1/4 cup brown sugar
* 1/2 cup beef broth (I used beef bouillon and added water)
Step 1: To make the sauce: in a small bowl whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil and chilli powder if using and set aside.
Step 2: Toss sliced beef in a large bowl with corn starch or arrowroot powder.
Step 3: Heat 1 tbs avocado oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add sliced beef and cook until it browns. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Step 4: Add remaining 1 Tbs of avocado oil to the pan and sauté onions, garlic and ginger for a few minutes until softened. Then stir in carrots. Once carrots are slightly cooked add in the sauce mixture.
Step 5: Add the reserved beef to the skillet and stir. Add in the broccoli and let simmer for 5 minutes or so until the sauce thickens a bit.
Serve over rice and garnish with thinly sliced green onion!